Tuesday, February 9, 2010

And so it begins...

'It arranged the meat on It's face to resemble something of a smile. One might call it a wince...or perhaps a grimace. It opened it's eyes and, now fully awake, resolved to reveal Itself to The World."



Well here it is folks, the beginning of my very own blog. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now and just what I'd have to say about Things in general and on the artistic side. Come to realize, I do have a lot to say about some beautiful, cool and artsy stuff and an array of Things that really piss me off or I find simply a bit unnerving. And there's always room for that contemplative grey area...the realm of quiet observation. Even though I consider this to be a journal of sorts, I look forward to meeting and conversing with others of similar psychosis.

Hat's off to KEK-W ( http://kidshirt.blogspot.com/ ) over in Yeovil, England for inspiration to initiate this nutty Thing. If anyone has a love or curiosity about some really cool and obscure 70's/80's movies, music, people and literature, please visit his page. Definitely some cool stuff there and a damn good vibe in a universal kind of way.

Today's entry should, I suppose, be something of current value. I just recently re-edited a music video I did for a local band, American Lab Rat. This is the band that lent me a song for a scene in the short film Party Girl (more on that later). The guitarist and singer had prompted me to do this months ago, but I had too much on my plate at the time. Well, they finally tied me up, rolled me out into the Common Square and flogged me until I promised to tie-in the Party Girl stuff in the video. So here it is, after many hours editing and licking my wounds:


If you have a hankering for this type brutality and truth, visit their MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/americanlabrat Guaranteed abuse for all!

Here I would like to cap-off with a New Word for the Day:

CONFLUSTERATION\ken-flustir-A-shun\conflusterate (vb): a mental or emotional state of confusion, fluster and frustration.

...and so ends my first entry! But not to worry, I'll be back rattling my cage soon enough.

J

4 comments:

  1. Hey there Jayson. Good to see you're a blogger now. Looking forward to reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks M. Yeah, I kinda felt it was only a matter of time that I opened a place for my ridiculous blathering sessions!

    BTW: I enjoy The Vampire Flick! Cool stuff, indeed!

    ReplyDelete